Assistant: Sara Arnold 817.877.1088 Contact Alicia D. Meinzer
Bourland, Wall, & Wenzel, P.C.
301 Commerce Street, Suite 1500
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Alicia D. Meinzer practices primarily in the areas of wealth planning, asset protection, probate, estate and trust administration, and tax law. Her main goal is to establish long-term relationships with her clients, and she takes great pride in assisting her clients create and implement tailored plans to accomplish their key objectives, create effective business succession plans to preserve family harmony and carry on their family legacy for future generations, and to reduce or avoid fractionalization of land and mineral interests.
Alicia enjoys working directly with a wide variety of clients, ranging from individuals, families, closely-held businesses and large financial institutions, and offers a unique perspective to those of her clients in the agricultural field. Alicia, a fifth-generation West Texas rancher, credits her upbringing in production agriculture, coupled with her real estate and oil and gas title experience, to her heightened comprehension of sophisticated estate planning, business succession, wealth migration, asset protection, tax, and probate issues for her clients who own ranching and farming operations, livestock, and land and mineral interests associated with such operations.
In addition, Alicia is an experienced equine law attorney and regularly assists her clients in the acquisition and management of high-net-worth horses for showing, racing and breeding purposes. Alicia advises her clients on the organizational structure of equine holding companies and on the preparation of equine contracts, including lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, bills of sale, indemnification agreements, training, boarding and breeding contracts, liability waivers, releases, and associated risk-management practices.
In her free time, Alicia enjoys raising and showing cutting horses and running a commercial cattle operation with her family.
Click each icon below to see the specific areas in which Alicia D. Meinzer practices.
- Texas Super Lawyer, Rising Star 2019
- Ag Law in the Field Podcast, Contributor
- Annie’s Project, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, Speaker
- Family Businesses
- Financial Institutions
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate
Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas (2013)
- Certified Attorney Ad Litem (2016 – Present)
- Qualified Texas Mediator (2013 – Present)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- State Bar of Texas
Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section, Leadership Academy, State Bar of Texas (2018 – 2019)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Probate Bar Association
- Fort Worth Business and Estates Council
- Parker County Bar Association
- American Agricultural Law Association
- United Way of Parker County, Board of Directors
- Gov. Dolph Briscoe Jr., Texas Agricultural Lifetime Leadership Program (Class XV)
- American Quarter Horse Association
- National Cutting Horse Association
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2013, cum laude)
Law & Science Certificate in Energy Law
Frank Newton West Texas Legal Legends Scholarship Recipient
Advanced Alternative Dispute Resolution Clinic
- Texas Tech University (B.S., 2010, summa cum laude)
President’s List; Dean’s List; Golden Key International Honor Society; National Scholars Honor Society
Ranch Horse Team, Equestrian Team and Horse Judging Team
TTU Clinician, teaching horsemanship clinics throughout Europe (Summers of 2008 – 2010)
American Quarter Horse Association International Intern, Summer of 2009