Bourland, Wall, & Wenzel, P.C.
301 Commerce Street, Suite 2500
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
An honor graduate of Baylor University School of Law and Texas A&M University, Kami K. Beaty joined the firm in 2008. Her practice focuses primarily on business planning and transactions and a wide variety of issues related to health care, employment and corporate law. Ms. Beaty represents clients with respect to business planning from formation or acquisition through growth and sale or disposition, focusing particularly on the needs of closely-held businesses. In addition to the drafting and review of a wide variety of agreements and other documents, she advises clients on the structuring and implementation of all types of transactions.
- Business Succession Planning
- Buy – Sell Agreements
- Choice of Business Entity Planning
- Corporate Transactions
- Covenants Not to Compete and Confidentiality Agreements
- Compensation and Benefit Planning
- Discrimination Claims and Prevention
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Hiring, Firing and Employee Retention
- Personnel Policies and Employee Handbooks
- State and Federal Employment Law Compliance
- Ancillary Medical Service Facility Representation
- Business Transactions
- Choice of Entity Planning
- Employment and Independent Contractor Arrangements
- HIPAA Compliance
- Hospital and Ambulatory Surgery Center Representation
- Medicare / Medicaid Compliance
- Physician and Practice Representation
- Regulatory and Stark / Anti-Kickback Issues
- Asset Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Letters of Intent
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnership and Limited Liability Company Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Stock Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Leasing and Management
- Business Planning and Advisement
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
Click each icon below to see the specific areas in which Kami K. Beaty practices.
- Provide compliance guidance to employers regarding federal employment laws such as, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, FCRA, USERRA, Equal Pay Act, HIPAA, OSHA, NLRA, IRCA, ERISA, OWBPA and WARN Act.
- Represent employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Texas Workforce Commission, Department of Labor, and Department of Labor Wage and Hour and VETS divisions.
- Draft and negotiate employment-related documents and agreements, such as employment agreements, covenants not to compete, confidentiality agreements, employee handbooks, personnel policies, benefit-plan documents, physician-recruitment and income-guarantee agreements, tuition-reimbursement agreements, employment applications, background check disclosures and authorizations, consents for drug and alcohol testing, disciplinary forms, offer letters, severance plans and separation-and-release agreements.
- Represent broad range of clients in the health-care industry, including hospitals, surgery centers, medical equipment and device manufacturers and distributors, home-health organizations, large group-physician practices, physical-therapy clinics, and individual doctors and other health-care professionals.
- Advise health-care clients on business and regulatory compliance issues, specializing in fraud and abuse laws (Stark law, Anti-Kickback statute, Texas anti-solicitation statute, and False Claims Act), physician recruitment, liability protection, and reimbursement issues.
- Structure, negotiate and draft broad range of health-care contracts, such as group purchasing organization agreements, medical equipment leases, office space leases, procurement contracts, professional services agreements, medical supply distribution agreements, ancillary services agreements, medical director agreements, HIPAA business associate agreements, billing services agreements, office sharing agreements, and physician employment agreements.
- Draft and negotiate broad range of general business contracts, such as sales and service agreements, supply and distribution agreements, technology and software agreements, banking and financial agreements, travel and hotel-industry agreements, settlement and release agreements, indemnification agreements, purchase and sale agreements, real estate contracts, business entity governing documents, shareholder and partnership agreements, buy-sell agreements, and corporate minutes and records.
- Entrepreneurs & Start-Up Companies
- Family Businesses
- Financial Institutions
- Food, Beverage and Alcohol
- Home Health Care
- Long-Term Care
- Medical Practices/Physician Groups
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Assistance Services Agencies
- Real Estate
- Transportation and Trucking
- Travel & Hospitality
Admissions & Certifications
- Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional & Civic Involvement
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Co-author/Presenter of seminar article “Legal Issues Affecting Physician Recruitment Arrangements”
- B.B.A. Texas A&M University, cum laude
- J.D. Baylor University, cum laude
- Baylor Law Review, Associate Editor/Administrative Editor
- Order of the Barristers